Protect Your Wealth and Start Paying Yourself
The freedom to live the retirement lifestyle of your choice with more time to spend with your friends and family can make your retirement years truly enjoyable. However, this is not the time to become complacent about your financial initiatives. Stay open to new ideas and opportunities to leverage your money, even if you are satisfied with your products and their performance.
Here are some ways First Service Federal Credit Union can help you fortify your financial position during your retirement years:
Join our Prime Time Club – There is no fee or minimum balance required to participate in the Prime Time Club and your benefits include:
- Unlimited Checking with no minimum balance required
- Certificate bonus points with active loan balance or checking account
- Free Check Printing (one complimentary box per year)
- Free Small Safe Deposit Box (subject to availability)
- Free Online Account Access
- Free Mobile Banking
- Free BillPayer
- Free e-Alerts
- Free E-Statements
- Free $1,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage (separate enrollment required)
Register for the Prime Time Club: If you are age 60 or over, simply ask a Member Service Representative to add you to the Prime Time Club during your next visit or call 614-836-0100 at your convenience to participate.
Improve Funds Availability and Save Time and Money with Direct Deposit – Take the worry and hassle out of payday! Have your paycheck deposited safely into your checking account. Simply print out our Direct Deposit Form, fill in your account information, and give it to your Pay Center. Our routing number is - 244077682.
Leave a legacy with a trust – Speak with a trusted financial advisor about how you create the legacy you want and administer your assets according to your wishes.
Relieve your family from making difficult decisions – Decisions about the disposition of your estate, a living will, burial and funeral arrangements can be made now so your wishes will be known and your family will be relieved of making important decisions under duress.
Rent a safe deposit box – This a convenient place to store important items that would be difficult or impossible to replace. First Service Federal Credit Union’s safe deposit boxes offer privacy and in most cases, greater security than keeping your valuables and important documents elsewhere. Additionally, some insurance companies charge lower insurance premiums on valuables kept in a bank's safe deposit box instead of at home.
(Safe deposit boxes are available at Groveport and Reynoldsburg locations only.)
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don't know. Scams targeted at retirees abound. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
For help determining the best accounts and products for sound and productive money management during your Golden Years LifeStage, please contact us at 614-836-0100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.