Card Fraud Alert Update
Protecting your debit or ATM card from fraud requires 24/7/365 days a year monitoring. Our fraud detection programs monitor your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we'll contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be stopped.
What We Monitor. Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside of your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes or unusual locations from your typical purchases, and purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How We Contact You. Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping any potential card fraud. More than 86% of Americans have a mobile device and this offers a convenient method to contact you fast. With our Card Alert Notification service, you will receive a text message asking you to confirm if a specific suspicious transaction was authorized by you.
Receiving a Card Alert Notification:
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction, and merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with "Yes" if you authorized the transaction. You will then receive a confirming text and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A "No" reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message; and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this call.
- Do NOT reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information. You should only be asked about a specific transaction and reply to that transaction only. We already have your personal card information.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these messages by text, you may reply with STOP to indicate this preference.
Help Us Protect You. Please keep us up-to-date with your current mobile and home phone numbers and contact information. This helps for quick notification. Let us know when you will be traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time. Contact us prior to your departure; and we will note your account to make our monitoring more flexible during your travel or vacation time.
Text messages to your mobile device are free, but all other fees on calls and texts are subject to the terms of your voice/data plan with your mobile carrier.